Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Megan's Letter 1/3/17

Happy New Year!!


This week was pretty boring for the most part, but we did have a miracle happen! So Jimmy (15 years old) has been taught by several sets of Sisters, and we have been working with him since I've been here. The last lesson he had been taught was the Word of Wisdom! He said that he had prayed to God to show him whether or not it was real. Okay back up-- Just so you know this kid LOVES his sweet tea and his coffee. He said the next time he tasted both of them they tasted terrible. He even got a coffee pot for Christmas that he now uses for hot chocolate. (: He bore his testimony to us that he knows everything he has been taught by the missionaries is true. He has a potential baptismal date for January 28th. (:

The New Year has got me thinking about the blessing of repentance! One of my favorite stories about repentance is the story of Enos. In verses 4-8 it says:

" And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

 And I said: Lord, how is it done?

 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole."

I love that last line because we often read the same words as we read about the miracles of Christ, and the people He healed. I have a testimony that repentance is a daily healing process. We are never out of reach from the loving arms of our Savior. We are never too far gone for His Atonement to help us back. Start off 2017 free from the weight of sin. Give it all to the Lord this year. (:

Have a blessed week!

-Sister Merrill

Also someone sent me this picture of me and Dad. ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment