Monday, January 9, 2017

Megan's Letter 1/9/17

I have the best news!! Transfer calls came and they are releasing from a STL and sending me BACK to Florence! God is so good. It's crazy to think that the day I get back to Florence (January 11th) is exactly a year from the first time we knocked on Lindsey's door. I know that the Lord played a huge hand in this, and I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to go spend more time in my favorite area- with some of my favorite people!

I wasn't expecting to leave Millbrook so soon! It was sort of strange saying bye to everyone at church because I feel like I didn't get to know anyone too well here. I love Millbrook though, and I know everyone will be left in good hands. Sister Chavez is coming to take my place!(: Her and Sister Saatkamp are going to do great things here!

I have recently been rereading one of my favorite books: The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox. In one of the chapters he puts a focus on 2 Nephi 25:23.

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."


He says:

"For a long time I believed the word after in this verse was time related. I believed I had to do all I possibly could and then grace would kick in-- as if it were a finishing touch to all I had to first accomplish alone. Then I thought of Paul and Alma the Younger, who did nothing first-- or even at all-- and yet received great spiritual blessings. I reflected on the many manifestations of grace in my own life that I had received long before I did 'my part."

He goes on to talk about how we could easily exchange the word after in that verse with in spite ofI know that we are saved by grace in spite of all we can do, because we can do nothing without Christ! He is there with us each and every step of the way.

Have a good week y'all! I know I will. (:

-Sister Merrill




No comments:

Post a Comment