Monday, January 23, 2017

Megan's Letter 1/23/17

Who do we fear more: God or Man?

When adversity hits, and peer pressure kicks in, what will we choose: Our friends or our Savior? Fun or obedience? Worldly values or Gospel truths?

Psalm 118:6 says:

"The Lord is‍ on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?"

I have a testimony that however hard it may be, we must always choose God before man. We often times hear President Monson speak on the importance of choices. In the April 2016 General Conference he said:

"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong."

I am grateful to have chosen the harder right because I have seen the consequences of the easier wrong. I love this gospel and the opportunity I have to learn these lessons that I can use throughout my life. I will press forward with determination to keep improving myself and invite others to do the same. (:

Here's some pictures from the week! Love y'all!(:

-Sister Merrill
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment