Monday, September 26, 2016

Megan's Letter 9/26/16

This week was the temple trip! I needed it sooo much. I love the peace and answers we can find within the temple walls.








​This is Sister Conteh! I went on an exchange with her this week. She is such a sweet girl. She is a convert to the church and the only active member in her family! It's amazing how steadfast in the gospel she is. 


This week Sister Lewis and I decided to draw the Plan of Salvation with chalk in some random neighborhood! One lady was not too happy with us and went around to the neighbors to warn them so their kids wouldn't see it... That was a bummer!


Right after that we were feeling pretty unappreciated, then we drove past this sign and felt a little better.😂
 One of the Preachers of this church saw us out there and offered to take our picture! Then next thing we know he invited us to attend the "Missionary Service" the following day. We went and everyone was nice, but it felt extremely awkward and uncomfortable. You could tell they were all a little unsettled with us being there! We felt weird sitting in a service where things were being preached that we completely disagreed with! Overall we were glad we went, and we got a little taste at how hard it can be to attend church for the first time when you don't know anyone! Now we have a little more sympathy for our investigators. (:

This is Kylie! She is 15 and she has been investigating the church for a little under a year. She can be baptized whenever but her complicated family situation has made it hard for her to get there! Right now we are focusing on helping her understand and gain a personal testimony of the Book of Mormon. (: She has been through more trials in her life than most people ever will. This girl is amazing. I can't even explain it!


We spent some time with the Huntsville Hermanas on Saturday! It's interesting because they live in our area and cover all the Spanish basically in the whole zone! But anyway this is Sister Orchard and she is the coolest.

Yesterday we were invited to sit in the Primary for sharing time while the teachers went to a meeting! I found my mini-me and she is the sweetest. Her name is Tristan. (:

We were lucky enough to be able to watch the General Women's session on Saturday. I loved all of the talks! One of my favorite things that was said was when Carol M. Stephens shared the story of the girl with bipolar disorder, and her mom kept telling her: "I would do anything to take this from you". I felt the spirit so strong in those words. I know that the Savior has suffered every pain, sorrow, sickness, and sin that we will ever experience so that we never have to suffer alone. He only asks that we let Him heal us.

I love the gospel! I hope y'all have a great week. (:

-Sister Merrill




No comments:

Post a Comment