Monday, September 19, 2016

Megan's Letter 9/19/16

This week I went on exchange with Sister Hintze! We were laughing at how she has followed me in my zones ever since we've been companions. I love her so much! We spend a lot of time here at a shopping center called Bridge Street! It's amazing and I feel like I'm walking in downtown Disney every time we go. It's also a great place to teach people since it's usually busy and a lot of people will be sitting on benches. (:

Afterwards I got to spend a few hours with Sister Davidson! She is such an amazing and passionate missionary. We were just about to pull out of the parking lot when she saw this homeless lady crossing the street and said: "I KNOW HER"! So we got out and chased her down and had an amazing lesson on the Plan of Salvation. 


This sweet family from Sister Lewis' last area came up and had lunch with us . (:


Then we went to a baptism in Athens and I got to see Benni!! (Sister Benioni)

I love this girl so much.


Last but not least we went out on splits with the cutest Young Women from the other ward yesterday. I can't tell y'all how impressed I am with the youth here in Madison. Every Sunday night we have a combined Preach My Gospel class with the Youth and missionaries from all three wards. Sister Lewis and I had the opportunity to teach it last night! They are so excited about missionary work and I look up to them so much.


This morning I was reading in 3 Nephi when Christ is among the Nephites, and a verse really stuck out to me! It's in chapter 19, verse 29. It says:

"Father, I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me out of the world, because of their faith, that they may be purified in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one, that I may be glorified in them."


It really got me thinking about the importance of being "in the world but not of the world". There are so many things in this life that are easy to get caught up in! I feel so blessed to be on a mission where those things aren't around and don't have power over me as much. I hope to keep that up after my mission. (: 

I hope everyone has a great week! (:

-Sister Merrill

PS PLEASE ENJOY THESE PICTURES OF OUR NEW FRIEND IN THE KITCHEN.

He has invited all his buddies to come live with us... S.O.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment