Monday, September 12, 2016

Megan's Letter 9/12/16

Transfers were on Wednesday!! It was sad saying bye to Sister Moline )': I'm so grateful for her and her incredible example to me of hard work and trust! I will be missing her for sure. 

Here's a pic of me, my baby, my grand daughter, and now my great grand daughter! Wow I'm getting old....

​On the other hand my new comp Sister Lewis is one of the cutest people I've met! She is so sweet, patient and loving with everyone and everything. We get along great! 




Another fun thing about Madison is the amount of missionaries serving up here. There really is strength in numbers!

This week we went with a cute Less Active lady to see Elder Renlund of the Twelve Apostles in Birmingham! It was amazing. It was set up as a question answer session. I was able to receive a lot of answers to questions I've had and be uplifted and motivated to be out here! One of my favorite things he talked about was the importance of trusting the Lord. When you know you're supposed to do something, just do it! You may not see the positive outcome for years. But just trusting His plan for me and learning to trust that His way is way better than my way.

Another great thing Elder Renlund mentioned was that the true "Great Sacrifice of the Son" was the submission of His will to the Fathers. He said that we must follow the example of our Savior and let Heavenly Father know that "thy will be done". I know there are always blessings in store when we truly put Heavenly Father in charge of our lives, and choose His way. Cause that's the purpose of agency. (:

Also I shook Elder Renlund's hand (':

I'm loving Madison! I can't wait to see what comes this transfer. I love y'all and would encourage you to take advantage of the fact that we have MODERN DAY Apostles and a Prophet. I know they are called of God and are given the authority necessary to run Christ's church on the earth today. I love the gospel and all the blessings I have because of it. Have a great week. (:

-Sister Merrill





No comments:

Post a Comment