Monday, June 6, 2016

Megan's Letter: 6/6/16

This last weekend was incredible! We were so blessed to be able to hear from Elder David A. Bednar for Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday. I took so many notes but I will try to share just a few things I learned!

On Saturday at the Adult Session Elder Bednar addressed fear.
D&C 6:36 says: "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
He expressed to us that fear is spiritual paralysis, and reminded us that we can do ALL things through Christ.

He also talked a lot about being an AGENT, not an OBJECT. An agent is someone who acts, an object is simply acted upon. We can choose how we act in any situation. For example: no one can offend you, but you can choose to be offended! I loved this concept.

At the Sunday Session of Stake Conference Elder Bednar spoke to all those visiting who are not of our faith. He taught about the cleansing power of Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. He explained that this initial cleansing is preparatory for a total transformation! As we continue to repent (change) and seek to do God's will instead of our own, we become new creatures in Christ!

I am so grateful for the things I learned this weekend! The gospel is living, and we will always be led by living prophets, seers, and revelators.




We were finally able to see Solomge and Rudolf again last night! They have been busy and out of town, so we weren't able to see them for a good minute. We had a great lesson with them where we answered some questions they had about the reading we left them with! Solomge loved Mosiah 18:30 about the "waters of Mormon". I told her that I have Alabama drawn on that verse because this is where I have come to know the Savior! All credit goes to Sister Patten for teaching me that. (:
 
 
 
 
Solomge had previously told us that she ADORES the name Mormon, and she doesn't know why! I told her that the Egyptian meaning for Mormon translates to "more good". When we were leaving yesterday she said: "Mormon means more good, and Mormon people means more happy!"

This gospel truly does make me happier than I can put into words. I'm so grateful to be sharing something that has brought me and others so much joy! I hope that y'all can see the blessings that come from living the gospel this week. Have a blessed one. (:

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment