Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Megan's Letter 5/31/16

Hope everyone had an amazing Memorial Day! I know we did. (: We set up a stand in the park with all the missionaries in Tuscaloosa and talked to people about how Christ visited the Americas! It was so much fun. (:


This amazing guy we've been teaching, named Bruce, was baptized yesterday! We have been trying so hard to find someone to baptize this month for Miracle May, and to be honest I was a little doubtful! But we exercised faith and the Lord provided. (: Bruce is in the Army so Memorial Day was perfect for his baptism! He bore a sweet testimony of the gospel and his hopes to be a spiritual giant and example for his kids. He is incredible!


We also passed through Eutaw on our way to an exchange! Yes, that's right, Eutaw. Pronounced "Utah"! This little town is the reason I always have to clarify that I'm from Utah- the state. (:



​Also, Sister Layton went running through the forest to catch me a firefly! Let me just tell you, they are amazing.😍 Sadly she got scraped up in the process!

Last but most definitely not least, Elder Bednar will be at our Stake Conference this weekend! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. In preparation for him, we were asked to read from his most recent conference talk about always retaining a remission of our sins! I loved this quote:

"We are imperfect human beings striving to live in mortality according to Heavenly Father's perfect plan of eternal progression. The requirements of His plan are glorious, merciful, and rigorous. We may at times be filled with determination and at other times feel totally inadequate. We may wonder if we spiritually can ever fulfill the commandment to stand spotless before Him at the last day... Although none of us can achieve perfection in this life, we can become increasingly worthy and spotless as we are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb."
I will let you know what I learn from him next week!(: I hope everything is going well for all y'all. Remember that I love you!

-Sister Merrill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment