Monday, June 27, 2016

Megan's Letter 6/27/16

"Haaave you met Ted?"

Y'all, this week there was a miracle! And his name is Ted. (:

After we got done emailing last Pday, Sister Moline and I decided to get some frozen yogurt. We were talking to the cashier about our mission trips when all the sudden this guy in the store shouted: "Wait y'all are Mormons!? Tell me about the spirit world!"
We assumed the typical bash, but he genuinely wanted to know! He said that he wanted to be baptized for his aunt so that she could be saved. We told him he would have to be baptized before he could be baptized for her, and he was all for it! He explained that he has been taught by the Elders in Montgomery, Alabama and that he had just lost contact with them! Since then we have had three lessons, he came to church yesterday, and he even took us out to eat one night. He is GOLDEN. Nothing short of a miracle.
 
 
​On Tuesday we had the opportunity to go to the temple, and say goodbye to President and Sister Hanks. I can't tell you how much of an impact they've had on me.❤

 
 
After that the week plummeted a bit and we lost 3 of our 5 progressing investigators... Two of which were Solomge and Rudlof, who I still love with all my heart!
 
That was a bummer! But I know the Lord is just making room for us to teach people who are really ready for the message we carry. (: I often find peace in one of my favorite verses! Alma 26: 27 says: "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn‍ back, behold, the Lord comforted‍ us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience‍ thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

So we buckled up and started tracting! And you know what? We always find something funny when we tract.

I love this work and I love the gospel! I hope y'all have an amazing week.
And don't forget... ROLL TIDE. (:
 
 
-Sister Megan Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment