Monday, May 2, 2016

Megan's Letter 5/2/16


Okay guys, I had a really good week for a few different reasons.

We had a cool lesson with these Japanese foreign exchange students! We taught them about the Godhead- which they had no former knowledge of. I made them little cards on the 3 members of the Godhead to keep. They were so sweet and open! One of the girls, Chisato, even said the closing prayer! It's rare to teach people who aren't Christians here so it was a lot different, but I loved it.




This week there was a nondenominational Christian concert at UNA! The Elders decided to have a competition with us of who could contact the most people... We lost by two... but we got more solid investigators so I count that as winning (; It was a lot of fun though! The music was great and we got to teach a lot of people about the Book of Mormon!




Also, I found a frog and I picked it up just for Brynn (:





​ Another exciting thing that happened was transfer calls! I found out that I will be leaving Florence, and heading to Tuscaloosa! Home of the University of Alabama... ROLL TIDE (: I'm also called to be a Sister Training Leader which will be really cool too!

Leaving Florence is really weird since I've been here almost 5 months! It's crazy how fast time flies. I'm going to have a hard time leaving behind some of the people I've met here. Florence will always hold a special place in my heart!

​ 

Recently I've come to understand Matthew 10:39.

"He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

I've come to realize that the more I focus on myself, the more miserable I am- and the more I focus on serving others and the Lord, the happier I am!  I'm so grateful for this chance I've had to lose my life and find it all at once (: I hope that y'all have the best week ever! Love you!

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment