Monday, May 16, 2016

Megan's Letter 5/16/16

This week was super busy and a lot of fun!

First off we had Mission Leadership Council on Tuesday! We had several trainings from President Hanks, who never disappoints. I learned a lot! And then we had to prepare those same trainings and present them in front of our Zone on Friday! I was super nervous, but I think it went well for the most part.

 
I love Sister Chavez❤
After the meeting I was able to go on a short exchange with Hermana Mitchell in Hoover! It was a lot of fun. We went tracting in a trailer park and I just smiled and nodded while she taught people (: The Spanish missionaries may be in Alabama, but it seems like a whole other mission!

Yesterday Sister Layton and I had an incredible experience!
We were out tracting in this nicer neighborhood and we weren't having any luck!
*not surprising*
So we decided we should probably go somewhere else, when Sister Layton said she felt like we should go a few more doors! The next door we knocked was this sweet couple that immediately invited us in! Solonge is the wife, she is from Brazil. Rudolf is the husband, he is from Germany! It was so great to talk to them. They have been travelling back and forth for years. They finally decided to stay in Tuscaloosa, and felt the need to be closer with Jesus, and then we knocked on the door! I told her how we almost left, and she started crying and thanked us for not giving up. They accepted the Book of Mormon whole heartedly and we are seeing them tomorrow!

Solonge loves the trees! She always has. I loved to hear her talk about how much she admires something so simple. I made her this painting and added a scripture from the Book of Mormon. (:
 
Alma 32:41
"But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up‍ unto everlasting life."

I am so grateful to be here! I love the people more than I can express. I hope everyone has a good week! I love y'all so much.

-Sister Merrill


There was some confusion with my new address, so here it is:
900 Hargrove Rd. Apt #190
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

No comments:

Post a Comment