Monday, May 9, 2016

Megan's Letter 5/9/16

Hello everyone!!!

I hope that everyone had an amazing Mother's Day! I am so grateful for my Mom, and was happy to be able to talk to her and everyone else yesterday. (:

So in honor of making it to T-Town......


Everything in Tuscaloosa is basically themed after the University of Alabama! I have never seen so many red advertisements in my life 😂 I love it here though! We are also neighbors with the YSA sisters, which is a lot of fun. We went on a blitz this week, and I got to meet this really cool recent convert named Stone!

 
 
There is also a nice big mall that we can contact people in... I love air conditioning😍 Also we got sunglasses for 50% off and had to take a picture. This is my companion, Sister Layton!(:

This week I thought and studied on what it means to have hope! I think one of our greatest resources of hope is found in scripture study. I know that when I am having a hard time, I can always find something to lift my spirits in the scriptures. 

Romans 15:4 says:

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
The second verse of Hymn no. 19 also stuck out to me. It says:
 
"When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us..."

So when it gets too hard to have faith- start with hope! I know from experience that all things really will work out for our good, even if we can't see the whole picture yet. (: Have a great week! I love y'all!

-Sister Merrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment