Monday, April 25, 2016

Megan's Letter 4/25/16

So when I was in the tripan, we were teaching this amazing guy named J.C. And guess what!? He got baptized on Tuesday!(: I was glad to be able to go.



Sister Hintze and I went CARNIVAL CONTACTING this week. Yes, we went finding at a carnival, and it was so much fun. (: We even taught the Restoration to one of the booth game workers! Sadly it cost us $5 though😂




We got to have dinner in a members home on Friday, with our investigator Regan who was babysitting! Regan has been involved in the church for a while now, and is getting baptized back home this summer! We love her.




Also, we had a lesson with Olivia's mom and grandma last night! It went so well. Olivia even helped prepare part of the lesson on the Godhead. She said she wanted to teach about Heavenly Father, because she felt like she didn't know a lot about Him and she wanted to learn more! She is incredible. I think she would be a great missionary one day!

This week the scripture that got me through was D&C 78:17-19

17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;

 18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.

 19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

I've been realizing how much attitude can change your day! A song that I love has the lyrics:

"There is sun on the horizon
A candle in a cave
A little bit of color on the next page
There is always something better
When you look for the light on a dark day"

-Benton Paul


I have been working hard to find the good in every single day, no matter how hard. I invite all of you to do the same! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH. Have a good week! (:

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment