Monday, April 11, 2016

Megan's Letter 4/11/16

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! I had an amazing day thanks to a lot of people here and back home (: 

We had interviews in Tupelo on Thursday! I think it may have been the last one I'll have with President Hanks since he leaves in July. It breaks my heart to see them go! I love President and Sister Hanks!! I can honestly say they have changed my mission and my life.

We stopped at the state line of course (:



We invited James to baptism again this week, and he said yes! It's been so amazing to see him follow his mom's example. He will be baptized this Saturday in a super small setting, since he is shy. (: Also, Charlotte made us skirts! She is so sweet. (yes that is a selfie stick #birthdayblessings)


Yesterday was Stake Conference! Elder Zwick of the Seventy came and spoke. I was so grateful for the message he shared! He told the story of Peter walking on the water towards the Savior. When Peter saw the wind and waves he became frightened and called out to Jesus! Immediately Christ stretched forth His hand. Elder Zwick encouraged us not to "let the 'wind' in our lives push us into hopelessness. Reach out to the Savior!"

I was thinking about this and it reminded me of a scripture and quote that I love! The scripture is Luke 3:5 which says:

Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

And the quote that comes along with it is from a book called "The Continuous Atonement" By Brad Wilcox:

"If the knuckles of our hands represent the valleys and mountains of our lives, it is Jesus who offers to hold our hands through both... Faithful Saints who make covenants with God in His holy house know the power that comes from feeling His hand in theirs... Jesus makes every mountain manageable and fills every valley."


I have found this to be true in my own life. I know that there is no void that can't be filled with the love of Christ! I would encourage anyone who is struggling in any way to simply reach out to the Savior, who is constantly stretching forth His hand to help you.
I love y'all so much! Hope you have a blessed week.

-Sister Merrill





No comments:

Post a Comment