Monday, March 7, 2016

Megan's Letter 3/7/16

This week started off in a very interesting way. Sister Patten and I were tracting in the projects when we ran into this older woman named Charlotte. She was very kind and even gave us some little bracelets she had been making! We shared the Book of Mormon with her and planned to come back two days later.
The second time we went to teach her we started to talk about the Restoration. We didn't get very far because Charlotte LOVES to talk (as do most southerners). She told us all about how she quilts, knits, and how her favorite show on Netflix is My Little Pony. It was hard not to laugh at some points! She also told us a lot about her life- it's been a hard one. She has gone through several abusive relationships throughout her life and used to be a drug addict! It amazes me how she turned her life around and got clean to raise her son, who is now 15. She came to church yesterday with her son and had us over for dinner! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and baptism, so they are going to pray about those two things. (:
Fast Sunday went really well! We had 6 of the people we are teaching show up, which was a huge blessing. This week was full of hard work and focus, and the outcome was amazing to see! We are going to the temple on Wednesday and I am beyond excited for that.

I know that through hard trials we can find peace as we trust in the Lord. Prayer is the biggest vessel of that peace and comfort. I would encourage anyone who feels discouraged to get down on your knees, and pour your heart out to our Heavenly Father. I know He is listening, and I know He will be there for us.

I hope that y'all have a good week! I love you!
-Sister Merrill





 

No comments:

Post a Comment