Monday, March 28, 2016

Megan's Letter 3/28/16

Transfers were on Wednesday! Saying bye to Sister Patten was probably the hardest part of my mission so far... BUT I love Sister Hintze! She is so sweet and kind. She always has her "arrows out" or in other words, she puts everyone else before herself. I'm so grateful for what I'm learning from her!




This week we had a really great lesson with Charlotte and her son, James. Up to this point James hasn't really taken much interest! He sits in for the lessons and comes to church, but only because Charlotte makes him.

In this particular lesson we asked him: "James, how do you feel about the things we've shared with you this last month?"

He responded: "Well, I believe the Mormon book to be another book like the Bible."

WHAAAAAT?

I had no idea he had even been paying attention all this time.

So I ventured: "Do you believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet?"

He said he didn't know enough about him to decide!

So right then and there we looked up the Joseph Smith movie and watched it with them. We invited him to pray about it, and we will follow up in our lesson tomorrow! I'm so grateful that the Holy Ghost has been opening him up and softening his heart. It helps me realize that I'm not really the missionary here, but the Spirit is.

Easter Sunday was yesterday! It was also fast Sunday, which makes for an interesting testimony meeting here in Alabama. A nice, warm, crazy southern welcome for Sister Hintze (; 

I'm so grateful for everything I've learned this week! Hard work is the key to happiness. 

Have a great week everyone! Love you!

-Sister Merrill



No comments:

Post a Comment