Monday, February 29, 2016

Megan's Letter 2/29/16

Okay I want to start off this weekly with an incredible experience Sister Patten and I had on Tuesday.....No, it's not as spiritual as you're thinking. So we walk into Chik-fil-a to trade in our old kids meal toys for ice cream- and when we were checking out the cashier said: "Hey I'm LDS too!" It took us a minute to recognize him but he is actually a less active member in our ward. He then tried to convince us to buy cookies to help him win a competition! And obviously we gave in. As we were sitting eating our ice cream he came over and told us he would give us free meals... YES free meals! We are absolutely out of money this month so we were ecstatic. Best day ever.

The next good thing about this week was zone conference! President Hanks is a phenomenal guy. I love the way that he inspires us to be obedient rather than forcing us! I also learned that we aren't supposed to chat over email on Pday... so if I'm not responding, that's why (: There is a lot I could tell you about what he taught us but I think I will just stick with this quote:

"Before I do anything I ask myself 'Would and idiot do that?' and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."
-Dwight Schrute

Hahaha I love Dwight and I love President for using a quote from the office.

On a more serious note- This week I have come to a new understanding of the commandments. We were asked to come share some thoughts about how keeping the commandments has blessed us in our lives in Young Women's yesterday! I have just found this so crystal clear lately. When we keep the commandments we have lasting peace and joy. When we don't, we may find bursts of pleasure and happiness- but it is not long lasting. I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves us enough to set guidelines and boundaries. The commandments are there to protect us. When we follow them we show love to our Heavenly Father, and in return he blesses us more than we can understand.

I love being out sharing that exact concept with the people here. I know that this truly is the Lord's work. I'm thankful to be a part of it. I love y'all! Have a good week (:
-Sister Merrill




 
PS We went to this really cool man made rock path yesterday with Lindsey. It was incredible!




No comments:

Post a Comment