Monday, March 14, 2016

Megan's Letter 3/14/16

Breaking news!!
So in a turn of events- Sister Patten and I are now in a Tripan! One of the STLs was emergency transferred to another area, so we get to hang out with her companion, Sister Griffith, for the last two weeks of the transfer. She is such a hard worker! We are lucky to have her. This also means we are covering both Florence and Russellville during this time. In total, that's an area that takes about two hours to drive across... We will never run out of places to tract (:

We ended up going to the temple on Thursday, I really enjoyed it. The Birmingham temple is smaller than a church building! That was different, but I liked it. We also spent most of the day in Birmingham figuring out the whole transfer situation. We went to dinner in Birmingham at this pizza place called "Mellow Mushroom". It was SO good! It started pouring rain while we were eating and we were parked about two blocks away! We were all in nice shoes since we had been in the temple- So we ended up taking them off and running in the rain barefoot all the way to the car! It was surprisingly fun, we felt like little kids playing in the rain (:

The ward party was on Friday! The theme was the S.S. Florence Family Fun Ship.... cheesy huh!? But we had so much fun. So many people that we've been teaching came and opened up to the ward. Everyone was dancing and having a blast. I think it was one of the first times I have really connected with the Florence Ward.

The Russellville Sisters had a baptism for their investigator Lucille on Saturday! We were able to have a lesson with her the day before. It's cool to be working in both areas because we have a lot more lessons with progressing investigators. 

Yesterday church went really well! All the missionaries in the ward were assigned to speak. My talk was on Missionary Work and The Atonement. I really enjoyed studying for and preparing for it.We told all of our investigators that we were speaking, which worked pretty well considering 8 of them came to church! We may have a baptism this Saturday for Charlotte and two other people we've been teaching. I feel so blessed to be able to watch others grow closer to the Savior. 

This week I have found a lot of comfort in the hymn: "Where Can I Turn For Peace?"
I have definitely found my peace in Jesus Christ and in constant prayer to Heavenly Father.

I love this gospel. I love Alabama. 

Have a great week everyone!

-Sister Merrill




No comments:

Post a Comment