Monday, February 15, 2016

Megan's Letter 2/15/16

Wow.... Well this week has been stressful and good!

We spent most of the week meeting with Maurice and trying to plan his baptism. We got everything finished finally the day before!
 
Maurice's actual baptism was probably the most traumatic experience of my mission so far because of two reasons:
1- We couldn't find him until 30 minutes before it started. He was not where he told us we could pick him up and he was not answering his phone! After an hour of searching the streets he finally called us back and told us he had lost track of time at a friends... Then we had to drive all the way across town to pick him up at some random Burger King! Luckily the member driving us was so nice about it. I was raging hahahah but also we were way relieved to have found him.
2- Maruice is completely terrified of water. This was news to us! I mean we knew he was nervous, but we had no idea the extent of it. 
     - First time under the water: His foot popped up. He came out choking and gagging on water ): I seriously don't think he's ever been under water before. He had to have taken a deep breathe under there cause he could not stop coughing.
     -Second times the charm right? Wrong! Right before his head went under he jumped up out of the water because he was that scared.
    -Finally the third time: He started to resist but Elder Fanos just pushed him under cause he felt too bad to have to make him go again! He came out choking again.

I think I was in shock. I felt so bad for Maurice! I had to stop myself from crying because it was just such a mess. BUT luckily the rest went smoothly and after he overcame the embarrassment we had a really fun birthday party for him. Also, he received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday at church, which ended up being much more spiritual than his actual baptism. (:

Our investigator Lindsey is so sweet and made my whole Valentine's Day! When we first met her we were obsessing over this ring she got on etsy that had her and her husbands name engraved on it. Well she got me one for Valentine's! It says Sister Merrill and it has a cute little cross engraved on the other side. I love it and her so much!

Well I hope y'all had a great week. I'm grateful for the experiences I'm having on my mission and I know I definitely won't forget this week! Love you guys (:

-Sister Merrill


No comments:

Post a Comment