Monday, August 8, 2016

Megan's Letter 8/8/16

Y'all we had a BUSY week. My favorite kind. (:
MLC was on Tuesday! There were some great trainings and discussions. I also got to see all these friends from my first zone. (':



Ted's birthday was on Thursday!! We got him a Christian shirt (cause that's all he wears) and bought him some chick-fil-a! He was so happy. We love him more than I can put into words. Pray for him please! It is easy for him to get discouraged as he battles his addiction.




 Zone Training was on Friday! It was so great to be with everyone. My favorite topic we trained on was a talk called "What If Love Were Our Only Motive?" by Russell T. Osguthorpe. It's amazing to think about what the world would be like if everyone's motives were based off of pure, Christ-like love. A quote I love from the talk says:

 "The Savior’s life on earth was short, but He was always reaching out in love every step of the way. He helped so many while He was on His way to help someone else. He noticed what others needed, reached out to them, and helped them—sometimes in simple ways and other times in miraculous ways. Every miracle He performed, every word He spoke, He did out of love."


After Zone Training I went on exchanges with Sister Benioni! She is from Hawaii and she is basically the coolest person ever. She is in a Spanish Branch area so it was pretty interesting! I didn't understand much in any of the lessons but I loved everyone I met. (:

Yesterday Sister Moline and I ate dinner at a member's home and did a little lesson with the kids. (: They are such a cute family and they feed us a lot. GUYS feed the missionaries. Enough said.

Today I was tricked into a hike again. But it wasn't all bad! We had a lot of fun and hung out by a cool lake. (:



Recently my Mission President challenged me to memorize The Living Christ! It is an incredible document put out by the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in the year 2000. I'm so grateful to have a Mission President who was inspired enough to share this idea with me. Whenever things get hard I can always just recite it in my head and feel the spirit. Please go read it sometime this week and maybe even memorize it yourself! It is so special.

I love y'all and I'm so grateful for your support and prayers! Have a great week. (:
-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment