Monday, August 22, 2016

Megan's Letter 8/22/16

This week was a blast! I was sick for a few days, but it turned out alright. (:

This weekend was very exciting! We did some service for this cute Hispanic family in the Lorna branch, and then we went to Cheesecake Factory with all the Sisters close by! We had so much fun. (:







Also, Sister Moline cut her thumb open!!!! Y'all, it was so gross. But hey thumbs up cause she hit her year mark!(:

Lately I've been trying to be more focused on the importance of the sacrament. I have come to realize how much of a privilege it is to be able to renew our baptismal covenants each week! During the sacrament yesterday I was reading my scriptures and Alma 7:15 really stood out to me. It says:

"Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism."
Each week as we take the sacrament we lay aside our sins and covenant with our Heavenly Father that we are willing to take upon us the name of His son. In return we are promised that we will always have his spirit to be with us. I'm so grateful for my baptismal covenants and that I can be made clean each Sunday so long as I'm willing to repent. The blessings of the Atonement are endless.
I love y'all and I hope you have a great week!(:
-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment