Monday, July 11, 2016

Megan's Letter 7/11/16

Hey y'all! This week has been very eventful. (:
First we had the opportunity to to see a lot of our Sisters this week!

We started off in Bessemer, where I got to hang out with Sister Kenyon for a few hours! We went and had an incredible first lesson with someone, where she told us she knows the Book of Mormon is true and wants to be baptized! I believe in miracles y'all.


 Next we drove over to Lorna, where I spent some time with Sister Benioni. She is THE BEST. Let me tell y'all about an incident we had. So we had just finished up an appointment and decided to stop at Walmart on the way home. We get out of the car and see this humongous COCKROACH on top of the car! And it kept running at us every time we tried to get our stuff out of the back seat! So we decided to just run inside and forget about it. Well guess what!? We came back out and it was STILL THERE. Sister Benioni grabbed a sign and tried to flick it off the car, but it slid into the hood! We were terrified the whole ride home that it was going to fly out of the AC or something.


The next day I went on an exchange with Sister Chavez! We had a blast as usual (: BUT OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO HOT.



 ​And I met the cutest little girl ever named Nikki (:


 ​Saturday Rick was baptized almost exactly a year after his wife! It was an incredible and spiritual meeting. They are so excited to go to the temple in a year. I couldn't be happier for them. (:


After the baptism we went to try and visit some potentials! I saw this lady sitting on her deck and felt prompted to talk to her. We yelled up to her and asked if we could come up and share a message! Her son let us in and we started to get to know her. Her name is Maggie, and as it turns out her brother just passed away a few days before. We had the opportunity to share with her the Plan of Salvation. She kept telling us how much hope that gives her. I thought that was fitting- the Plan of Hope. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have, so that we can have hope for ourselves and for our loved ones who have passed on.
My favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon right now is Moroni 7! Verses 40-42 say:
"40 And again, my beloved brethren, I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope?  41 And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.
 42 Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope."
I have gained a little bit of an obsession with hope in my studies, so I'm sorry if I talk about it too much. (: Have a great week y'all!

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment