Monday, December 19, 2016

Megan's Letter 12/19/16

Happy Almost Christmas!!!


So I went to an exchange with Sister Kennedy in Alex City this week! There is a tiny branch there that meets in an old house that's been changed into a church. It was really cool to see! Sister Kennedy is from California! She is only in her second transfer but she is so solid. I love her!





This is Sister Owen's. She is a member in a nursing home that we go visit every week! She is such a sweetheart. We have come to be pretty close with her!


The Christmas party was this week! It was so much fun. President Sainsbury let us watch Zootopia! It was adorable. I also got to see Sister Moline and Sister Benioni. I had't seen or talked to either of them much since I was in Tuscaloosa! I love these two so much.




The work has been a little slow lately since everyone has been busy or out of town for the Holidays! We have been doing a lot of Less Active visits. I think working with Less Actives is equally as important as finding new people to teach! It has been really cool to talk with them and to ask them about their conversion stories or testimonies. 


This morning in my studies I was reading one of my favorite Bible Stories in Matthew 14! It's the story of Christ walking on the water, and Peter walking out to Him.


 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.


 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.


 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.


 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?


I love that last line! Sometimes it seems as if all the winds and waves of the world are beating against us, and we fail to see the Savior right in front of us- reaching out to pull us up to where He stands. I know He is there because I am constantly calling out for His help, and He always comes to my aid. Not always in the way I want or expect, but in ways that will be best for me in the long run. I love the Savior and the Holiday that we get to celebrate His birth. I will talk to you on Sunday Fam! Have a great week (: I love y'all!


-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment