Monday, October 24, 2016

Megan's Letter 10/24/16

We carved pumpkins last week 😄 And it's finally cooling down outside!! We were in the high 80's earlier in the week and then we dropped way down to the low 60's. Fall has FINALLY made it's way to Alabama! Which also means tornado season is on it's way... Pray for us!!!
 
 
I had an exchange with Sister Ward this week! She is amazing. We went store contacting and accidentally bought dresses, and then got some ice cream for lunch.😂 But seriously this girl is an amazing teacher and she cares so deeply about every person she comes in contact with! I always forget she has only been out just over 2 transfers.
 
This week I got sick so we were in a lot! It's always annoying getting sick on the mission because there is absolutely nothing to do. You can't turn on netflix, you just sit there. Luckily we had the Testaments to watch hahaha. And the essentials (Dr Pepper and chap stick).
We still haven't heard much from Diana this week but we have a set appointment with her on Wednesday! Hopefully we can figure out what's going on with her. Zekayla did not show up for the Primary Program yesterday, but when we saw her practicing last week her part was: " I am excited to get baptized because I know I will be making a promise to Heavenly Father." She is so sweet.
Sorry for the short email but this week was pretty slow! We did have our first District Meeting of the transfer so that's always fun. (: 
 
There's this quote that was left on my bathroom wall by Sister Patten when she served here. It says: "Small improvements daily will outshine the labors of Hercules". I have found that to be so true on my mission! As I focus on becoming a little better each day, I look back and realize how far I've come from the person I was. I'm so grateful for the amount of change that has happened in me through my Savior!
 
This coming week will be super busy for us with 2 exchanges and the ward "Trunk or Treat" party this Saturday! I love Halloween (((: Hope that y'all have a great week!

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment