Monday, October 17, 2016

Megan's Letter 10/17/16

I got another Florence visitor this week! I love Katelyn so much! She would go out with Sister Patten and I every single week. In her own words: "I basically trained you."
 
So here's a couple pics of me and my second trainer.😂


I got to go on exchanges with Sister Sheffield again this week! I still adore her. It's crazy because she has grown so much and become such a strong missionary since I last went on exchanges with her a few months back! Also we are both still addicted to Dr Pepper and we call each other when we can't remember lyrics to Mayday Parade songs. It's a pretty good friendship.❤
 
I also had the chance to get to know Sister Glance better this week on an exchange! A little late because she is heading home this week. )': She is such a great example to me of a diligent missionary who spent her entire time here loving the people like the Savior would. We had a lesson with this cute Christian couple who claim they aren't interested in reading from the Book of Mormon. We ended up reading in Luke 22 about the Atonement, and comparing it to Alma 7! It was cool to see their hearts soften. (:
 
This week we had a lesson with Kylie at her Grandma's house! We had the Weatherly Sisters come with since Sister Hintze can relate to some of the trials Kylie has been through. We also helped her paint her room this week. We love her so much!
 
We went out to dinner with our two cute young women friends on Saturday. We love them so much!
 
We have some sad news. Diana was suppose to get baptized this Saturday, but has been dodging our texts, calls, and appointments. She hasn't been to church the last two weeks. We are so so sad. Please keep her in your prayers and pray we can know how to help her!
 
We got to teach the Preach My Gospel class for the youth last night. It was bitter sweet because an Elder in our ward just lost his dad yesterday morning, and our lesson was on the Plan of Salvation. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have that we can be with our families for eternity.
 
In the most recent General Conference, President Uchtdorf said:
 "That is why we are here on this beautiful planet earth—because God offered us the opportunity, and we chose to accept it. Our mortal life, however, is only temporary and will end with the death of our physical body. But the essence of who you and I are will not be destroyed. Our spirits will continue living and await the Resurrection—a free gift to all by our loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. At the Resurrection, our spirits and bodies will be reunited, free from pain and physical imperfections."
 
I love the great Plan of Happiness that God has given us, and I love sharing that good news with the people here in Alabama. I love y'all so much and I hope you have a great week!


-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment