Monday, January 11, 2016

Megan's Letter 1/11/2016

Week 5! 

This week has gone by SO fast!

     Can't believe how fast Pday came around. This week has kind of been a blur but it's also been really good! We have been meeting with Erik a few more times and he even came to church again yesterday. We feel like he is really progressing. He is so excited for the broadcast on Sunday! He is hoping that "Thomas" is going to speak but we told him he probably won't because of his health. 
     We also started teaching this girl named Baylee! She is 21 and she has a little two year old boy who is a little rascal. She also just got engaged, is trying to quit smoking, and has been wanting to be re-baptized! Golden investigator right!? We sure hope so. She took the restoration really well and has a strong belief in the Holy Ghost which has been helpful in us teaching her. I had a cool experience where I had this Book of Mormon with another missionaries testimony in it, and was supposed to wait till I was prompted to give it to someone. Well as I introduced the book to her, I didn't notice that was the one I was holding! I then got the feeling that it was right and I needed to give it to her. She was so honored that I would give her the one I had been saving for someone special. She cried, it was adorable. She wasn't able to make it to church but she is coming to a relief society activity tomorrow! She is so so nice but also very stubborn in some things she believes so we will see.
     Oh something sad happened this week! So in this mission we do transfer meetings. Everyone who is getting transferred comes to Birmingham and we have this really cool and spiritual meeting. President Hanks usually speaks and trains, and we all find out who our new companions are and where we're headed! Well Elder Oaks from the quorum of the twelve apostles is on the Missionary board for the church and he very strongly dislikes transfer meetings, and has made a church wide rule that no missions can have transfer meetings from now on ): This is a bummer because I won't have as many opportunities to meet all the people in my mission, or see past companions. All of the missionaries here were pretty upset about it! Goes to show we don't always understand the decisions made in the church, but we can always have faith that our leaders are called of God and know what He wants for us! At our zone training the STLs and zone leaders brought a gravestone and set it up outside. It was way funny. One of the Elders stood up front and said: "We are gathered here today in memory of our dear friend Transfer meetings... who was killed by Elder Oaks.." We all died laughing.
     Anyway this week has been good and I'm looking forward to the meetings and lessons coming up this week! Also I've been reading that book called "The Continuous Atonement" by Brad Wilcox, the one Brandon sent me for Christmas. I love it so much. There is a poem in there that really stuck out to me! It says: 

"Time and time again He saves,
Forgiving my mistakes,
Seventy times seven times-
However long it takes"
-Steven Kapp Perry 
 
This is so real to me. The Savior has already paid the price for all of our sins. He is just waiting for us to take advantage of this incredible gift. I have been able to use this gift in my life and especially out here! I hope you will all turn to the Savior in good times and in bad.
Y'all have a good week, remember that I love you!
-Sister Merrill



No comments:

Post a Comment