Monday, March 13, 2017

Megan's Letter 3/13/17

Let me tell y'all a little bit about this week!

Shane is doing really well! We did end up pushing his baptismal date to April 1st since he is having trouble quitting smoking. No, that's not an April fools joke. (: He came to church this week, pink eye and all!

Shawn is doing...okay. We taught him the Word of Wisdom this last Saturday. What Southern 11 year old wants to hear he can't have his sweet tea!? He was not a happy camper. We finally have a set baptismal date for him on April 15th!

HUGE miracle this week- So last year Sister Patten and I taught the sweetest girl named Savannah! She was living with a less active member and they were planning on getting married later on that year. She never could progress too far since she couldn't be baptized unless she moved out or got married! She slowly fell out of our teaching pool.

Well turns out they did get married last year! And we have stopped by to see her a few times and invited her to take the lessons again. She said she would love to. So we went over there this week with one of her favorite members, Sister Dickson. We decided to start with the Plan of Salvation due to some trials we know she's been facing. She cried during the lesson and said it brought her so much peace! We invited her to baptism and she picked March 25th! She came to church yesterday with her husband and his two boys.

Another little miracle to me was that my trainer, Sister Patten, came to visit this week! She was here for a temple wedding and I was lucky enough to spend some time with her. This girl shaped my mission and changed my view on the gospel. I love her so much.



We saw SNOW yesterday morning!! That never happens here. They about shut down the whole state. (; It reminded me of home!


(Don't mind my face)

I hope y'all have an amazing week. I love this gospel with all my heart and I'm so grateful I get to share it.

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment