Monday, November 14, 2016

Megan's Letter 11/14/16

Hey y'all! Another busy week in Alabama!

It all started with MLC on Tuesday. My favorite part was when President Sainsbury said: 
 
"If it was true yesterday, and it was true last week, and last month, and last year, it's still true today!" 
 
We must always retain a remembrance of our testimony and the things we KNOW the spirit has testified to us. No amount of historical facts or policy changes or doubts can change what you have felt and known to be true in your life by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 
Alma 5:26 says:
 
" And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"



This week was jam packed full of meetings. On Friday we had Zone conference, and on Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference with Elder Thompson of the Seventy! I also went on an exchange with Sister Smith! We got to go to a fun Veteran's day celebration and an official light up of Bridge Street Mall for Christmas. (:




 

We had a pretty interesting but cool experience yesterday while I was on splits with a Young Woman named Emily! So this is a confusing story, but I'll try my best to explain haha. 
 
Last transfer I went on an exchange with Sister Glance in the area next to ours! We went contacting at the mall, and one of the kiosk workers stopped us and tried to get us to buy a flat iron. Sister Glance amazed me when she agreed to buy a $100 flat iron if the lady would meet with the missionaries in her home! As chance would have it, this lady (Ivy) lives in our area. So we took her info and contacted her several times to try and set a time to meet. The meetings fell through 3 times and eventually we stopped contacting her. Okay that's the first half of the story.
 
THEN this last week we received an online Bible referral for a guy named Rhusshon. We delivered the Bible and introduced him to the Book of Mormon. He told us we could come back and see him and his girlfriend.
 
SO yesterday Emily and I decided to drop by and see Rhusshon, and you'll never guess who his girlfriend is!?!?! YEP Ivy the kiosk girl. They have a little baby girl together. They both invited us in and Rhusson was so confused as to how we know his girlfriend haha.
 
This just shows me that the Lord is in the details of our lives and especially in the details of missionary work! I'll let you know how our second lesson goes with them on Tuesday!
 
Last of all I want to express my gratitude for all the support I've gotten here! I have amazing friends and family, and I've made amazing friends and family here. I love this gospel, I know it's real! The fullness of it's blessings are only available through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during our time on earth. Have a blessed week everyone. (:

-Sister Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment