Monday, May 9, 2016

Megan's Letter 5/9/16

Hello everyone!!!

I hope that everyone had an amazing Mother's Day! I am so grateful for my Mom, and was happy to be able to talk to her and everyone else yesterday. (:

So in honor of making it to T-Town......

​

Everything in Tuscaloosa is basically themed after the University of Alabama! I have never seen so many red advertisements in my life 😂 I love it here though! We are also neighbors with the YSA sisters, which is a lot of fun. We went on a blitz this week, and I got to meet this really cool recent convert named Stone!

 
 
There is also a nice big mall that we can contact people in... I love air conditioning😍 Also we got sunglasses for 50% off and had to take a picture. This is my companion, Sister Layton!(:

​
This week I thought and studied on what it means to have hope! I think one of our greatest resources of hope is found in scripture study. I know that when I am having a hard time, I can always find something to lift my spirits in the scriptures. 

Romans 15:4 says:

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
​
The second verse of Hymn no. 19 also stuck out to me. It says:
 
"When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us..."

So when it gets too hard to have faith- start with hope! I know from experience that all things really will work out for our good, even if we can't see the whole picture yet. (: Have a great week! I love y'all!

-Sister Merrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment